Sarah Chancey here, the founder and creative director behind Chancey Charm. Today, I’m excited to share HOW TO FIND THE PERFECT DESTINATION WEDDING LOCATION. If you’re a wedding planner watching this video, this process will work perfectly for your couples as well!
If you’ve planned a wedding before, the tips I’m going to share today may surprise you!
Because, I think we often get all kinds of nervous when it comes to planning a destination wedding. BUT, the reality is that the process for planning a destination wedding is much like the process for planning in your hometown! So let’s dive in!
Steps To Select The Perfect Destination Wedding Location:
- establish a solid guest list + budget
- create a list of words that describe the vibe or vision for the wedding weekend (this is where a professional planner can step in and create a mood board for your wedding)
- make a list, yes an actual list, of destinations that you love, and eliminate any locations that do not fit your vibe
- consider travel… how long will it take for your guests to get to these locations? Where are they coming from? eliminate destinations that do not fit your guest’s travel abilities.
- consider the weather and season you’re looking to get married in, eliminate destinations that will not have ideal weather during your preferred dates (a professional travel agent is a great resource for this kind of information as you plan)
- once you’ve narrowed down a destination or city, create a list of 2-3 property options that you can visit (this is where a professional planner and travel agent can help you select quality options)
- create a list of “must have” amenities and read reviews online to narrow down your search
- make a site visit a priority before you make a final selection (you want to connect emotionally, and be excited about sharing your wedding destination with your guests)
- select a venue that you love, even if none of your florals and decor arrived
It’s my hope that this system will allow you to find a location that fits so that you can take a deep breath and know that you’ve made an informed decision, that you’re going to truly enjoy with your guests!
If you’re looking for more destination wedding planning guidance, check out the Chancey Charm Wedding Planner Academy, where you can purchase my destination wedding guide as part of the resource bundle or book a 1-on-1 virtual design session with a professional wedding planner today!